Stone of Arynth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Stone of Arynth forums. View updates, meet team members, or even Join our team yourself!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[System] Terrain Replacement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Romek
TeamMember
TeamMember
Romek

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-28

[System] Terrain Replacement Empty
PostSubject: [System] Terrain Replacement   [System] Terrain Replacement EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:57 am

Terrain Replacement System
List of all Terrain Types
Terrain Type Constants (Thanks to Darthfett)
Original Thread

Most of it is just a single function, which replaces a terrain type with another, in game.

REQUIRES NEWGEN

The functions:
Code:
function ReplaceTerrainTypeEx takes integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain, rect WhichRect returns nothing
OldTerrain and NewTerrain are the Id's of the Terrain. (For example: 'Nice' (Northrend, Ice))
NewTerrain Replaces OldTerrain.
WhichRect is the rect in which the terrain will be replaced.

Code:
function ReplaceGlobalTerrain takes integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain returns nothing
This is a simpler version of the above. It replaces terrain Globally, and therefore, only takes 2 arguments.

Code:
function ReplaceGlobalTerrainReversed takes integer NewTerrain, integer OldTerrain returns nothing
Similar to the version without 'reversed' on the end. This makes it easier to change terrain back to what it was. (It's easier to add a "Reversed" to the function name, than to change the order of the arguments)

The Uses:
If you want to have seasons or some sort of weather in your map, you can use this to change the terrain type as well as having the weather effect.
A sample of this is in the test map.

Another use is if you're running short on terrain types for an RPG or something, you can place the tiles you have available, then create a region in the area you want to have the different tiles, then replace.
For example, if you want to make a snow area in your RPG, but you have 16 tiles already, just place grass, dirt, etc (or other tiles), then replace them with snow, ice, etc.

How to use the Terrain Constants:
Instead of finding out what the Raw Code for the terrain you want is, you can simple use the Global Constants created by Darthfett.
To use them, use TILESET_TILE in place of the raw code.
For example:
[JASS]ReplaceGlobalTerrain(LORDAERONSUMMER_DIRT, DUNGEON_DIRT)[/JASS]
this will replace Lordaeron Summer dirt with Outland dirt.

The Code:
Code:
//                  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
//                  -=-=-= Terrain Replacement Functions by Romek V2.5 =-=-=-
// +-----------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-----------------------------+
// | -=-= Functions: =-=-                                                                                |
// | ReplaceTerrainTypeEx takes integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain, rect WhichRect                  |
// | OldTerrain and NewTerrain are the ID's of the terrain you want to Replace. New replaces Old.        |
// | WhichRect is the rect in which the terrain will be replaced.                                        |
// +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | ReplaceGlobalTerrain and ReplaceGlobalTerrainReversed are shorter versions of ReplaceTerrainTypeEx. |
// | They only take the 2 terrain types, and will affect the entire map, replacing Old, with New.        |
// | The 'Reversed' version is there so it's easier to switch back to the old terrain without having to  |
// | change the order of the arguments (You just need to Copy and Paste the "Reversed" after the        |
// | function name!                                                                                      |
// +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | -=-= Version History: =-=-                                                                          |
// | Version 1:                                                                                          |
// |  - Created TRF - Didn't work on maps larger than 32x32                                              |
// |                                                                                                    |
// | Version 1.5:                                                                                        |
// |  - Made compatible for all map sizes, However, could take over 20 seconds to completely change      |
// |    the terrain on some maps.                                                                        |
// |  - Tried timers, Worked well, with a short code, but took a few minutes to change large maps.      |
// |                                                                                                    |
// | Version 2:                                                                                          |
// |  - Remade the entire System, using Function.Execute. Works instantly for all map sizes now, the    |
// |    code is also short, although a LagSpike may occur when used.                                    |
// | Version 2.5:                                                                                        |
// |  - Shortened code by a massive amount by doing some simple loops                                    |
// |  - Now works for all map sizes, up to 480x480.                                                      |
// | Credit isn't needed if used.                                                                        |
library ReplaceTerrain
    globals
        private constant real Safety = 2048.
    endglobals

private function AcChange takes real ac, real bc, real A, real B, integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain returns nothing
        local real bset = B
        loop
            exitwhen A > ac
                set B = bset
                loop
                    exitwhen B > bc               
                    if GetTerrainType(A, B) == OldTerrain then
                        call SetTerrainType(A, B, NewTerrain, -1, 1, 0)
                    endif
                    set B = B + 128
                endloop
            set A = A + 128
        endloop
    endfunction

private function Tc1 takes integer Blocks, real MinX, real MinY, real Safety, integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain returns nothing
        local integer I = Blocks
        loop
          exitwhen Blocks < 0
              set I = Blocks
                loop
                    exitwhen I < 0
                        call AcChange.execute(MinX+Safety*Blocks, MinY+Safety*I, MinX+Safety*(Blocks-1), MinY+Safety*(I-1), OldTerrain, NewTerrain)
                    set I = I - 1
                endloop        
          set Blocks = Blocks - 1
        endloop
    endfunction

private function Tc2 takes integer Blocks, real MinX, real MinY, real Safety, integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain returns nothing
        local integer I = Blocks
        loop
          exitwhen Blocks < 0
              set I = Blocks
                loop
                    exitwhen I < 0
                        call AcChange.execute(MinX+Safety*I, MinY+Safety*Blocks, MinX+Safety*(I-1), MinY+Safety*(Blocks-1), OldTerrain, NewTerrain)     
                    set I = I - 1
                endloop        
          set Blocks = Blocks - 1
        endloop
    endfunction

private function Tc3 takes integer Blocks, real MinX, real MinY, real Safety, integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain returns nothing
        loop
          exitwhen Blocks < 0   
                call AcChange.execute(MinX+Safety*Blocks, MinY+Safety*Blocks, MinX+Safety*(Blocks-1), MinY+Safety*(Blocks-1), OldTerrain, NewTerrain)
          set Blocks = Blocks - 1
        endloop
    endfunction

function ReplaceTerrainTypeEx takes integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain, rect WhichRect returns nothing
        local real MinX = GetRectMinX(WhichRect)
        local real MaxX = GetRectMaxX(WhichRect)
        local real MinY = GetRectMinY(WhichRect)
        local real MaxY = GetRectMaxY(WhichRect)
        local real A = MinX
        local real B = MinY
        local real Safety = 2048.
        local integer Xs
        local integer Ys
        local integer TotalBlocks
        local integer I = 0
        if MaxX - MinX > Safety then
            set Xs = R2I((MaxX - MinX)/Safety)
        endif 
        if MaxY - MinY > Safety then
            set Ys = R2I((MaxY - MinY)/Safety)
        endif
        if Ys > Xs then
            set TotalBlocks = Ys
        else
            set TotalBlocks = Xs
        endif
        call Tc1.execute(TotalBlocks, MinX, MinY, Safety, OldTerrain, NewTerrain)
        call Tc2.execute(TotalBlocks, MinX, MinY, Safety, OldTerrain, NewTerrain)
        call Tc3.execute(TotalBlocks, MinX, MinY, Safety, OldTerrain, NewTerrain)
    endfunction

function ReplaceGlobalTerrain takes integer OldTerrain, integer NewTerrain returns nothing
        call ReplaceTerrainTypeEx(OldTerrain, NewTerrain, GetWorldBounds())
    endfunction

function ReplaceGlobalTerrainReversed takes integer NewTerrain, integer OldTerrain returns nothing
        call ReplaceTerrainTypeEx(OldTerrain, NewTerrain, GetWorldBounds())
    endfunction
endlibrary

Version History:
Spoiler:

Note: The Minimap doesn't change to the correct terrain when this is used.

Download the Map Here
Back to top Go down

[System] Terrain Replacement
Page 1 of 1